演題抄録

FACO International Workshop

開催概要
開催回
第53回・2015年・京都
 

The role of topoisomerase [IIA] as a predictive factor for response to neoadjuvant anthracyclines based chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer

演題番号 : FWS11-4

[筆頭演者]
Gamea Mohamed M.:1,2,3,4 
[共同演者]
Barakat Ashraf F.:1,2,3,4、Hussein Fatma Z.:1,2,3、Almeldin Mohamed A.:1,2,3

1:chemotherapy, clinical oncology, tanta university、2:chemotherapy, clinical oncology, tanta university、3:chemotherapy, clinical oncology, tanta university、4:chemotherapy, clinical oncology, tanta university

 

The role of topoisomerase [IIA] as a predictive factor for response to neoadjuvant anthracyclines based chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer.

Background: The purpose of the study was to evaluate topoisomerase IIα as predictive factor for response to neoadjuvant anthracyclines based chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer patients. tumour grade scored according to the Elston-Ellis classification, hormonal receptor status, KI67, HER-2 and TopoIIa expression evaluated by immunohistochemistry .
METHOD: Between January 2012 and june 2012, 50 locally advanced breast cancer patients had received 3 cycles neoadjuvant chemotherapy were studied in clinical oncology department at tanta university. Regimens including either CEF (cyclophosphamide 500mg/m2,epirubicin100mg/m2, 5-fluorouracil 500mg/m2) or FAC (cyclophosphamide500mg/m2, doxorubicin 50mg/m2, 5 fluorouracil 500mg/2). . The primary endpoint was pathological and clinical Tumour response that assessed clinically and by mamography, then by pathological assessment.
Results: Of 50 primary locally advanced breast cancer patients had been assessed after 3 cycles of NACT, the clinical complete response was in 6% (3/50), clinical partial response was in 86% (43/50) and overall clinical response was 92% (46/50) , 4 (8%) patients had clinical stable disease and no one developed disease progression.
1-Responders had the following biomarkers criteria:
Clinical (CR): 3 patients had co-expression of topo II and HER2, hormonal receptor negative and high KI-67.
Clinical(PR):43 patients majority of them had topo IIA overexpression .
2-Non responders had the following criteria:
4(8%) patients all had negative (TOPOII/HER2), low KI-67 and 2 had hormonal receptor positive and another 2 had hormonal receptor negative.

Conclusion: Our study suggests that HER2 and Topo IIα overexpression could be predictors of the response to neoadjuvant chemothrapy in both the CEF and FAC arms.

キーワード

臓器別:乳腺

手法別:Clinical Trial

前へ戻る